Glenn Maxwell’s sensational double hundred against Afghanistan in the 2023 Cricket World Cup sent shockwaves through the cricketing world. The Australian all-rounder’s whirlwind knock of 200 not out off just 108 balls helped Australia chase down a mammoth target of 292 and secure a place in the semi-finals of the tournament.
Relatives of Maxwell’s power-hitting talent and his ability to turn a match around in a matter of minutes were full of praise for him after he played.
- Pat Cummins, Australia captain: “It was an unbelievable innings. I’ve never seen anything like it. He just went berserk and hit the ball to all parts of the ground.”
- Adam Gilchrist, former Australia wicket-keeper batsman: “That was one of the great ODI innings. It was just pure power and aggression. He showed no fear whatsoever.”
- Sachin Tendulkar, India legend: “Maxwell’s innings really amazed me. It was a masterclass in hitting.”
- Wasim Akram, Pakistan legend: “Maxwell is a special talent. He has the ability to change the game in a matter of minutes.”
- Shahid Afridi, Pakistan all-rounder: “I loved watching Maxwell’s innings. He is a true entertainer.”
Maxwell’s Impact on the Game
Maxwell’s double hundred was not just a personal milestone, but it also had a significant impact on the game of cricket. It gave hope to young cricket players everywhere by demonstrating that even the hardest chases can be won.
Maxwell’s hit will surely serve as a memory of the power and thrill of one-day cricket for many years to come.
Glenn Maxwell’s sensational double hundred was one of the most memorable innings of the 2023 Cricket World Cup. It was a display of power, aggression, and timing, and it helped Australia to a convincing victory over Afghanistan. Cricket players worldwide praised Maxwell’s knock, which will undoubtedly be remembered for a very long time.