Abrar Ahmed is a 20-year-old leg-spinner from Pakistan. He made his Test debut for Pakistan in 2023, and he quickly established himself as one of the most promising young bowlers in the country.
Furthermore, he excels in the field as well, frequently playing in positions that put him near to the wicket. At the 2023 ODI World Cup, Ahmed is anticipated to be a major component of Pakistan’s bowling assault. Because, other seasoned bowlers like Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, and Hasan Ali will be his partners.
Abrar Ahmed’s Strengths as a Bowler
Ahmed is a very effective bowler due to the following strengths:
- Ability to turn the ball sharply: Indeed, Ahmed is recognized for having a precise ball turn. He is able to generate a lot of turn from the pitch, which makes him very difficult to score runs off.
- Accuracy: Ahmed is also a very accurate bowler. He is able to bowl the ball consistently in the same spot, which makes him very difficult to attack.
- Good fielder: Ahmed is also a very good fielder. He is a very good fielder at close-to-the-wicket fielding positions, which makes him a valuable asset to any team.
- Variation: Ahmed has a lot of variation in his bowling. He can bowl leg-spin, googly, top-spinner, and flipper. This makes him very difficult to read for batsmen.
- Turn: Ahmed gets a lot of turn on his deliveries. This makes it difficult for batsmen to play him.
Abrar Ahmed’s Role in Pakistan’s ODI World Cup Squad
Abrar Ahmed is likely to play a significant role in Pakistan’s bowling attack at the 2023 ODI World Cup. But, other seasoned bowlers like Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, and Hasan Ali will be his partners.
In order to break up partnerships and grab wickets, Ahmed will probably bat in the middle overs. In death overs and powerplays, he will also be used to try to halt the flow of runs.
Abrar Ahmed’s Potential Impact on the 2023 ODI World Cup
Moreover, Ahmed has the potential to be a match-winner in the 2023 ODI World Cup. He is a very talented bowler, and he has the ability to take wickets in all conditions. Ahmed could be a key player for Pakistan in the tournament. Both the middle and last overs could use his bowling.
Abrar Ahmed is a young and talented leg-spinner. He will likely be crucial to Pakistan’s bowling assault at the ODI World Cup in 2023. Ahmed is a very effective bowler with the ability to turn the ball sharply and bowl accurately. He is also a very good fielder.
Ahmed is a valuable asset to the Pakistan team, and he will be looking to make a big impact at the World Cup.