Who scored most runs in 20th over in IPL?
MS Dhoni holds the record for the most runs scored in the 20th over of an IPL match. With 26 runs off 12 balls against the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2018. This included three sixes and two fours. Dhoni’s innings helped the Chennai Super Kings win the match by one wicket.
The 20th over is the final over of an innings in an IPL match. It is often the most exciting over of the match, as teams battle it out to score big or defend their total.
Some of the greatest batsmen in the world have scored incredible runs in the 20th over of IPL matches. Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, MS Dhoni, and Kieron Pollard are just a few of the players who have produced match-winning knocks in the final over.
In this article, we will take a look at the players who have scored the most runs in the 20th over of IPL matches.
How Runs affect cricket score?
Runs are the most fundamental unit of scoring in cricket. A team’s score is simply the total number of runs that they have scored.
- Hitting the ball and running between the wickets: This is the most common way to score runs. When a batsman hits the ball, they and their partner run between the wickets until one of them is forced to stop. Each time they complete a run, their team scores one run.
- Boundaries: If the ball reaches the boundary of the field without bouncing, the batting team scores four runs. If the ball bounces before reaching the boundary, the batting team scores six runs.
- Extras: Extras are runs that are awarded to the batting team for various reasons, such as no-balls and wides.
The team with the most runs at the end of the match wins. If the teams have the same number of runs at the end of the match, the match is a tie.
Here is an example of how runs affect the cricket score:
- Team A scores 200 runs in their first innings.
- Team B scores 150 runs in their first innings.
- Team A scores 100 runs in their second innings.
- Team B needs to score 250 runs to win the match.
- Team B scores 200 runs in their second innings.
- Team A wins the match by 50 runs.
In this example, Team A scored more runs than Team B in total, so they won the match.
Runs are very important in cricket because they can affect the outcome of a match in a number of ways. For example, if a team scores a lot of runs in their first innings, they can put a lot of pressure on the other team. If a team is chasing a target and needs to score a lot of runs in a short period of time, they may be forced to take risks, which could lead to them losing wickets.
Overall, runs are the most important factor in cricket because they determine the outcome of matches.
Other notable performances in the 20th over of IPL matches include:
- AB de Villiers scored 25 runs off 11 balls against the Delhi Daredevils in 2016, including four sixes and one four.
- Chris Gayle scored 24 runs off 10 balls against the Pune Warriors India in 2011, including three sixes and one four.
- Kieron Pollard scored 23 runs off 9 balls against the Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2012, including three sixes and one four.
- Hardik Pandya scored 22 runs off 10 balls against the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2015, including two sixes and three fours.
Online cricket betting is a popular form of gambling that offers a number of advantages over traditional bookmakers. If you are new to online cricket betting, I recommend following the tips above to get started.
The 20th over is the most exciting over of an IPL match. It is the time when teams battle it out to score big or defend their total.
Some of the greatest batsmen in the world have scored incredible runs in the 20th over of IPL matches. Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, MS Dhoni, and Kieron Pollard are just a few of the players who have produced match-winning knocks in the final over. The 20th over is a time when anything is possible.